Resources on the Web
Special thanks to Simon Cotterill, Research Associate,
Children's Cancer Unit, University of Newcastle upon Tyne, for compiling
Selected Ewing's Sarcoma Sites
Cancer Specific Indexes
- Association of Cancer Online Resources (ACOR) This
site contains CancerNet, archives of the medinfo cancer mailing lists, and patient
oriented web pages.
- Cancer 411 - Cancer Library and Resource
(California, USA) A site by The Rory Foundation, a non-profit organisation aimning to
provide a comprehensive website library. The site includes information/links about
specific cancers and Rory Foundation newsletter.
- Cancer FAQ Includes a
list of cancer sites.
- Cancer Links (Medicine
- CancerLinks (University of Kansas,
USA) a large list of cancer related links sorted by disease type. Produced by Daniel
- Cancerlinks Search Website A directory of
links to information about many types of cancer and related treatment and psychosocial
topics. The site was created by Alexandra Andrews and went online in December 1998.
- CancerNews on the Net An internet publication
for cancer patients and their families, with many links plus feature articles on various
forms of cancer. Editor: Richard Brown MD.
(Section on Cancer) (USA)
- Mayo Health O@sis (Mayo Clinic, USA) This site
includes information on a wide range of medical conditions. "Cancer Resource
Center" has information about finding support groups, reference articles, "Ask
the Mayo Physician",quizzes, and links to other sites
- Medscape (USA) Articles / resources - requires (free) registration
- Pleural Mesothelioma
(Comprehensive information about Pleural Mesothelioma)
CancerNet (CancerNet - University of Bonn)
General Medical Indexes
- Health A to Z a search engine for health and
- Health Finder (TM) (USA) a gateway to
selected consumer health and human services information web sites from the US Government.
The site includes clearinghouses, databases, web sites, government agencies, non-profit
organisations etc. judged to produce reliable info.
- MedExplorer (USA) a free medical/health related
search engine with no membership or registration requirements. The site is primarily for
- Health Central
- Medicine Online (USA) Cancer related resources - by
GlaxoWelcome an international pharmaceutical company.
- MedicineNet "A Free Medical
Resource" Diseases / Medical Dictionary / News and many other features
- Medscape Commercial site for health
professionals. Requires free registration. Includes full text articles, free access to
MEDLINE, TOXLINE, and AIDSLINE databases. There is an oncology section.
- OMNI Medical Information Directory (UK) See the section
on neoplasms. OMNI aims to provide a directory of links to quality reviewed medical sites.
- The World-Wide WebVirtual Library:
Bioscience Resources on the Internet
- Yahoo -Health
Home | Join | PMC Team |
Donations | Resources | Leslie | Contact Us